Monday, May 08, 2006

Taking Control

While David Blaine was wasting the past week living his life in a bowl of water, I was trying to change some of my living habits. I can proudly say that I have cooked dinner for myself 7 out of the past 8 days (the only night I went out to eat was Cinco De Mayo). I know it is nothing big for a lot of people, but I'm glad that I am not eating out all the time anymore. Eating at home saves me quite a lot of money and the food outside is not always satisfactory anyway. I also feel productive and content about being able to take care of my duties outside of work. Besides, I did try to clean up my place, well, it's about only 60% done but it is a good step.

I'm longing for the June 6 release of Camera Obscura's new album "Let's Get Out Of This Country". I hope they will tour in the U.S., I mean HOUSTON TEXAS to be excat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool that you are cooking more. During the week (Mon - Thur nights) I try to make all my dinners at home and try to limit going out to eat for lunch to 1 time. I still eat out a lot on weekends, though.

I also attempted to clean my apartment this weekend. I got rid of a lot of junk mail that has been accumulating and tried to create some order out of chaos. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to clean things up and then neglect them and not maintain that level of cleanliness.

Good luck with your quest to clean your own apartment. I'm sure I've seen worse. Let me know when it's clean enough for the general public. I want to play MLB2K6 or whatever it's called.