Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?

I'm very happy to receive the two hard to find 7 inch singles of Camera Obscura from the mail today (from Elefant Records in Spain, to be excat). Earlier through e-mails, Tracyanne (singer of the band) told me she was pretty certain they'll come to Houston this time. Yet I was quite disappointed when I couldn't find "Houston" on their upcoming U.S. tour schedule.

Camera Obscura is going to Dallas and Austin, but not Houston. Damn it, bands always do that to Houston. Skip Dallas, man... don't skip Houston. I'm pretty sure Houston has more music geeks (or thugs, for sure) and we're cooler town.

Anyway, I'll still go to Austin to see them. I missed the chance last time because some jerk crushed my car the weekend before Camera Obscura was playing at SXSW. You can say they are not the greatest band of all time, but their music is definitely beautiful. They have the perfect formula for indie-pop--- jangly guitar, delicate organ/piano, sweet and shy vocals. I'm currently enjoying the vinyl only b-side "I Can't Stay Mad At You" off their new single "Lloyd, I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken". Camera Obscura makes the kind of perfect pop that will melt the heart of its audience.

They are a lot more than a Belle & Sebastian-look-alike.

And there are a lot more Scottish bands I wanna see.

When will I see the Fannies?

No comments: