Sunday, March 19, 2006

March 16 was a beginning of new things

March 16, I started my new job, or new position, I should say.

There is nothing radically different in terms of what I do, but a change is a change. It is fortunate that I'm still around the people I'm familiar with. I can see that this job will be more fulfilling for me personally and professionally (not monetary). I know my new boss since I was an intern and I'm glad to work under her since she's very supportive and knows what I do (counseling). On the other hand, I see a lot of challenges ahead of me, but I am looking forward to overcome them. I think this will be a definitive moment for me as a counselor.

March 16, my friend Lisa gave birth to the very healthy Gabrielle. Happy Birthday! I found it so amazing because I was working with Lisa everyday during the past 7 or 8 months and I became a witness of this inspiring process.

Everyday, new lives are born. Everyday, many die and decay. Everyday, there is an end to a story. But everyday, there is also a new beginning for a new story. The cycle never ends. It may sound unbearably hopeless, but it can also make people feel forever hopeful.

No comments: