Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The "Hard" Life

As a domestic violence and sexual assault counselor, people always ask me about the difficulty of handling the job and my own well-being. Yes, the work can be pretty tough, but I think I handle my work pretty well (so far). What gives me headaches seems to be my life outside of my job.

I feel fulfilled through working even though it can be quite tiring. Things are in place and I know what I need to do, and how to do it. However, after a long day of work, I arrived home feeling lost and confused. I'm stumbled on the most mundane things in my daily life-- keeping my place tidy, finding what to eat, taking care of my own bills and responsibility. Those things seem simple, but I feel so unmotivated completing them. And moreover, sometimes I feel pretty purposeless.

No comments: