Saturday, June 03, 2006

My Life Habit

Every winter, whinchats (a kind of bird) migrate from Asia or Europe to Africa during winter. It is a cycle for them, a habit which does not cease to exist. Every four years, my life is turned upside down for a month. I would deprive of sleep. I would miss school/work. I would be in a constant state of anticipation.

For every four years since I was eight, I dedicate my life to the great spectacle of the World Cup.

Something would be different for me this year, because it will be in the daytime for me (because I'm in the States and The World Cup is in Germany). Am I going to miss it? No. I have already asked for a day off on June 9 so that I could watch the opening match at home. Nothing is holy for Francisco Lo. This is probably as close as it gets.

No comments: